Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Update

As I sit here in my room,watching movies,  I start to think about the year I've had and the goals I want to accomplish in 2011.  I know at this time of the year people make promises that they will never fulfill.  I myself have made these promises e.g: losing 50 pounds, make straight A's, and not be emotional, but I have accomplished many of the goals I set  this year.





Goals met

  • Get a reliable car.  I've had Mann almost 4 months now.

  • I got back in school. Although it's community college it has put me back on track to go to a university.
  • Learned time management.  I will not tell a lie! I'm not great at time management, but I have learned what does and does not work for me.  This is a goal the will continue in to 2011.
  • Find a boyfriend.  Im not someone who just can not  survive with out a partner, but not having been in a relationship since high school  was starting to make me feel "some type of way."  I was in a relationship for about 2 months.  I learned that being in a relationship with this person was just not healthy for either of us so our relationship was short lived but that's fine.  
  • Move out of my mom's place.  Now to be honest this process was already in the works before 2010 started it just came to pass in 2010.  On January 1st I moved into my first apartment!  I hope to move again soon because I need reliable, unbiased management and I just don't feel that the management at my current complex does what's best for their residents.
Goals for 2011
  • Dress better.  I've been a member of chictopia for a couple of months now and I've finally built the courage to try and post.  
  • Blog more.  I alway feel better after I blog.  Even if I don't talk about my feelings my blog relieves some of my stress. I'm going to try and post at least once a month but im not making any promises.
  • Be more careful.  I must admit this year I have been a little relaxed on my standards in men.  NO MORE!!!  One of the guys that I used to let treat me like shit once said to me  "you doubt yourself more than for your own good..your good the way you are." Although this doesn't scream "I love you! You should be the one," it showed me that i'm special  and can no longer lower my standards and I can no longer allow myself to be treated the way I was.
  • Protect myself physically.  In the year 2010 I was attacked and robbed!!! I know scary stuff right.  If you know me you know that I am always talking about death and in every situation I find a way to die, but I feel like nothing bad will ever happen to me physically.  Although I didn't sustain injuries that would send me to the hospital I think the idea of my being seriously injured or possibly even die became more of a reality.
  • Protect myself emotionally.  For most of my life I have been treated rather poorly by those around me.  I've begun the process of eliminating those who can and/or will not treat me the way I think I deserve to be treated.  I've finally started to surround myself with people that I feel I can be myself around and who treat me with respect.  
These are my goals for 2011.  I hope to become a better,more focused, positive person.  I hope that everyone had a safe and happy holiday season and will have a great new year.    Im interested to know what some of your goals 2011 are so post them in the comments section.  

No comments:

Post a Comment